2018 sucked.I tried to think of a nice, stress free day this year...still searching.
Maybe I have died and this is my hell...
I can't think of a single thing I've done just for me, just to have fun.I haven't been on any trip or little break...unless you count 2 hospital stays. And sadly I've realized that it's the longest vacation I've taken since I moved here...9 years ago.
At the beginning of the year I was so thrilled that my horrible dayjob was coming to an end. I had planned a little goodbye party...and it never happened as I ended up in hospital.
I didn't go out either...as I basically have no friends left. Mom is increasingly difficult to live with...and it's only the early onsets of Alzheimer, she tolerated my friends before (not that she ever liked any of them...) and I could go away (and that's what I did most of the time, to be honest) but now it's really no longer possible. Maybe I shouldn't have given up...but it's really hard to live with someone who keeps being mean to everyone.
What is really scary, is that I see no way out of this. I need a miracle now.
|A young dashing Diego|
|Floki the Wild|
5. Deadpool 2. So refreshing, a superhero film that is not politically correct.
4. Christoper Robin. It was really sweet and moving without being over the top.
3. BlacKKKlansman. A very serious topic, based on a real story (a black guy infiltrating the KKK) but really funny. And all those cool afro hairstyles.
2. The Shape of Water. Such an unlikely topic. A mute cleaning lady helping a strange water creature escape from an army facility.
1.The man who killed Don Quixote. I like all Terry Gilliam movie. This one is no exception. It works on so many levels. The film in the film, that references a film that never got made.
I read some good books. My favorite was Kotori (Little birds) by Yoko Ogawa.
I haven't been watching many series (well, I still don't have Netflix). I saw Stranger Things while in Hospital, I kind of enjoy The Good Doctor.
I am more into Podcasts these days.
My top 8 for this year:
8. Ted Radio Hour (from the Ted talks)
7. Stuff to blow your mind (all kind of scientific and historic nerdy topics)
6. Stuff they don't want you to know (a bit like the previous one with a conspiracy tone)
5. Last Podcast of the left (paranormal and scary real stories about cults and serial killers)
4. Le Bureau des Mystères (in French, paranormal topics)
3. Open Minds UFO radio
2. Podcast UFO
Oh and I've started meditation with the Headspace app. I wrote about it here.
Let just say that I've been holding my tablet pretty much 90% of the time LOL
And my shops, you'll ask. Pretty much dead. I'll try new things in the new year...maybe.