January 11, 2019

New bread making machine


After 2 years without one (the last one broke), I decided to splurge on a new bread making machine. I also decided to upgrade a little bit as my first one was really basic.
Yes, I know I can make bread in the regular oven too. But all my attemps were really meeeeh so I gave up.
Store bought bread in Belgium is pretty mediocre, even in traditional bakeries...as there are not many restrictions to what you can add to it (and not mention it). I admit that I sometimes drive to France to get some bread I actually like.


I went for a Panasonic machine. I like that it makes a lot less noise than my previous one.
I only baked one bread so far. It was a bit pale and too dense to my taste, but still edible. I need better flour, I think.
And I need to find the right recipe too.
If you have any recipes, feel free to share in the comments.



1 comment:

Stephanie Kilgast said...

Ha!
I can help you! I actually have a bread making book specifically for bread makers, but I don't own a bread maker, so I couldn't care less about that book (it was a gift)
I can send it to you if you want! Just dm me :D