March 12, 2014

Wednesday favorites

 Yeah, another cat print, I know. I love cute art...This one is by 3crows on Etsy
Famous paintings improved by cats. This cracks me up, especially since the cat looks just like my Bob Mega Kitten.
 A super neat pizza shirt. I love the simple design of this...and I love pizza, and it would look cool with my Leonardo mask. By Xenotees.
 A great  upcycled ring for spring! By RenatheS. Check her shop, he also makes those amazing resin rings I mentioned in a previous post.


Star Wars ships and vehicles amigurumi. How to bring geek and kawaii together! By Ana from Mysteriouscats. She also made the perfect Halloween pumpkin hat for my cats. See photos here and here.




This house. If I had had more  decent photos of this one, it would have deserved an entire post. Typical Art Déco house from this area of Belgium. That specific one is in Dour. Dour was very prosperous for the first half of the 20th century. It still has some amazing Art Déco houses and buildings, though most are not in very good condition now and the whole town could easily be qualified as "fourth world" now. I spent most of my childhood there. I remember taking long walks in town with my gran. She lived there all her life so she knew all the streets and shortcuts and cute alleys. I guess that's where my taste for Art Déco architecture comes from. I'd see all those beautiful houses, visited a few where my gran's friends lived. I did go inside the house pictured here. It had the most beautiful  round staircase (in the round part of the house on the right on the first picture) with beautiful colored glass paneled windows. The house is actually for sale now, I am tempted to ask for a visit so I could peek through those cute little windows at the top. It must be the best attic ever.

3 comments:

MysteriousCats Amigurumi Patterns said...

As I said before, thanks for the love!
What great memories! The deco house looks amazing, I'm also a huge fan of the style.

Stephanie Kilgast said...

haha love those paintings improved with cats :D

X by Leina Neima said...

me, too... paintings are improved with cats for sure :)