March 31, 2016

My Alice in Wonderland collection - meeting Alice


That time I flew to LA to meet Alice in person, or at least the actress who was the  Disney Alice, Kathryn Beaumont.


She was super gracious and adorable when she met the fans.
It is little known that Disney would actually film real actors before starting the animation process.

Disney Wikia

Disney Imgur

In the caterpillar on my way to wonderland
Disneyland in California also has the only Alice "dark ride"...which is the coolest of them all (unbiased opinion, of course)

Video by Inside the Magic on Youtube.

6 comments:

Katerina said...

Cool that you could visit there.

Stephanie Kilgast said...

thanks for posting that video, I very much enjoyed the virtual ride :)
this all makes me want to re-watch Alice :D

Arctida said...

That is so cool, Nathalie that you've met her! I actually didn't know about real actresses posing as a model for Disney animated movies.

Unknown said...

I did not know that there were real actors behind the Disney characters! Thanks for sharing the virtual ride!

StaroftheEast said...

I also was not aware of the real actors part! I knew that movements of people were used but not the entire movie!
Loved the ride, so cool :)

AToM said...

Wow! That's so cool! I loved that tour in the dark! So cool, but again so short! It's amazing that you've ride to California to see the actors!