|Daget inspecting the empty room|
I didn't really take a break during this Easter holiday. My shops were in semi-vacation mode but I had lots of plans for the house. I finally placed a new vinyl floor in my office. It used to be an old wooden floor, it was OK but needed lots of work to look nice + with the tiler's crappy work in the hallway, transition between rooms was not very smooth...a gaping hole and a 1cm height difference were not pretty.
The hardest part was removing all the furniture and stuff. Fortunately I didn't have to remove the huge shelves on the left as they are attached to the wall.
|Vinyl being unrolled|
First I covered the whole room with thin MDF planks (not pictured because ugly and...well, I forgot too) and then I dragged the vinyl roll into the room. That's kind of tough because it is heavy.
Some cuttings and double sticky tape required et voilà!
Note the pretty brass transition bar there ...no more ugly hole.
The furniture was re-arranged and I have more space now.